Saturday, June 14, 2008

Farewell Tim Russert

I don't know about all of you, but I was shocked to hear of Tim Russert's passing. You see Tim is the same age as my mom. My dad would have been 58 this year, but he passed away almost 11 years ago at the age of 47, of a massive coronary.

I was fortunate, like Tim's son Luke, to have have been able to spend time with my dad before he died. DH and I had just moved to Rochester, New York and they had come out the weekend before he died (they actually left Monday and Dad died Tuesday in his sleep).

I am not sure which would be worse losing your mom or your dad. Since the only experience I have is with my dad, I can honestly say my dad. He was the rock in our family and when he died, well our family hasn't been the same.

So as we approach this Father's Day, grab a hold of your dad and tell him how much you love him, never let a day go by that you don't. And if your father is already gone or you didn't really have a father, let me introduce you to my other father, my heavenly father, He is the father of the fatherless. He did send His only son to die for you. He loves you! John 3:16 If you would like to make Him your father please contact me and I would be so honored to introduce you.



God bless!

No comments: