Monday, March 14, 2011

Glad to be home!

The drive from Fort Bragg, North Carolina to Birmingham, Alabama is a tough one. I remember when JTB was stationed in Rochester, NY. It was 1997 and that fall my dad died, so we (the kids and I ) were driving from Rochester to Indiana regularly. I was 28, I could make that drive with no problem. There are differences, then I was 28 and smoked, so that helped with the drive. Today I am a non-smoker and 41. Big difference. The drive will be in our lives a lot. 


I am grateful that I am able to make the drive to make it easier on JTB so he isn't burning up any leave time. Plus I get a mini-vacation out of the deal. Other than cooking and cleaning up the dishes, which NSB, our 14 year old, did most of the time for me, I pretty much got 10 days to read books and my bible and play on the computer. I took the kids to the library and to the park. We were able to attend church with JTB at Northwood Temple. So we had a great time. It went way to fast, but praise God we got to spend the time together.


So we patiently await until JTB either comes home or we go back to Bragg for a visit.



No comments: