Friday, March 11, 2011

Lent from a Charismatic view point.

I started the YouVersion.com bible reading, 40 Days of Lent. It follows the last week of Jesus' life. I cannot imagine what the women who were following Jesus thought. As a woman I know it would have been horrible. My emotions would have been all over the place. Emotional, moody....I can't believe that Mary Magdelene, Joanna, Susanna and the others who supported Jesus in His earthly ministry weren't affected by his upcoming death. (Luke 8:3)

Yet, God was merciful and gracious. He allowed the women who were with Him (Luke 24:10) to be the first to hear the good news. The women had been grieving Him, they had prepared Him for the tomb. He allowed them to know He was alive. What a wonderful God we serve. He knows our nature, He knows our pains and He allowed these precious women to be told the good news first, "He is not here, He is risen!" Wow, to be the first to hear these words.

Lent just started Wednesday, but my thoughts went to these courageous women of faith. To go 40 days watching Jesus fast, go through those days in anguish and to hear Him speak about what will happen. I have such admiration for these women. They sacrificed everything, their homes, marriages and finances to follow the Christ. They weren't concerned with what others would say, they only cared about Him.

To be more like them.....to be willing to sacrifice everything is my prayer today.

No comments: