Saturday, May 7, 2011

Saturday Ramblings

Well my reading plan on You Version gives me Saturday's and Sunday's off, so today is a catch up day.

What has been going on? Well a lot. Our daughter, Boo Boo, went to visit her grandmother last weekend for two weeks. She just turned 18 in March. She is trying to find herself. I am very concerned about the choices she has been making and I am praying God will open her eyes and she will see that there are some major issues to confront. So while she is gone it is just me, ESB, Ballet Girl and NSB.

Ballet Girl has her first recital coming up on the 21st of May. She is so excited. I am so very excited for her.

Isn't she just gorgeous?!!

 Her daddy is taking leave and coming home so we are all excited about that. JTB will be home next Saturday evening! It has been two months since we have seen him. It has just been crazy, between NSB's theater, weather and just life, but we are excited! We miss him so.

NSB has a performance in the South City Theatre workshop "Wizard of Oz". He has three parts, a tree, a monkey and Uncle Henry. We have all costumes, I just need to finish the tree costume. I am not a crafty person, so this is a challenge for me, but it is good to stretch yourself, right?

ESB just did his first audition. He auditioned for the Parnell Memorial Library theater camp. He got a part!! We are just waiting to see what it will be. So I have two children in theater! ESB is quite good. He can do a couple of accents etc.. I am excited to see what he gets. The camp is for 2 weeks in July!

Me, well I have been trying to read more than I have in the past. I am also trying to get on a schedule to help us with our days. Monday, cleaning the house and laundry. Tuesday, change and wash the bedding. Wednesday off day, Thursday and Friday, I work. Plus we do school everyday, and then we fit in theater practice, church and dance class.

Oh back to the reading. I just finished The Pioneer Woman's book "Black Heels to Tractor Wheels". What was so cool was I borrowed it from our library's electronic library. I downloaded it and transferred it along with two books for Ballet Girl to my NookColor. So that was pretty cool. The book is wonderful. It is about Pioneer Woman and Marlboro Man's courtship and first year of marriage! If you are a fan, you will love it.

Well lots to do today, so I better get at it. First, another cup of coffee. There is just something about coffee, a cool morning and all the kids still in bed that just makes it taste better (the coffee)!

No comments: