Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A thought ....

I have a friend from high school who is a gay man, (came out a few years ago) who is also a pastor of a church, a charasmatic/penecostal church to be exact. (I attend an Assembly of God church so I believe in all the gifts of the Spirit.) My question that I have been wondering, is how he reconciles the Word with his lifestyle. God is very clear on homosexuality, yet he often talks on FB about how God moves mightily in their services.

I have read where people say God doesn't address that issue in the New Testament. It isn't mentioned as much. There is a scripture in I Corinthians 6:9 that addresses that issue.

1 Corinthians 6:9 (AMP)
9 Do you not know that the unrighteous and the wrongdoers will not inherit or have any share in the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived (misled): neither the impure and immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor those who participate in homosexuality, 1 Corinthians 6:10 (AMP)
10 Nor cheats (swindlers and thieves), nor greedy graspers, nor drunkards, nor foulmouthed revilers and slanderers, nor extortioners and robbers will inherit or have any share in the kingdom of God.


Just for arguements sake I have added vs 10 which also clarifies who else won't see the kingdom of God. So if that includes most of the world. Unless we have asked God to forgive us all our sins and have accepted Christ.

So I guess my question to him would be is living your life as a gay man, true to the Word of God? I have had my share of gay and lesbian friends over my lifetime, but I don't agree with their choice. I just pray that God shows us all the way to live holy and blameless until the day of judgement.

No comments: